This course reviews the 2017 changes to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system that are relevant to radiology. It covers both code changes and guideline changes. Topics covered in this course include but are not limited to:\
- Guideline changes related to Excludes1 notes, the term “with” and assumed causality, clinical criteria, bilateral conditions, 7th characters for fractures, poisoning, and weeks of gestation.
- New and revised codes for gastrointestinal stromal tumors, Hodgkin disease, elevated PSA, hormone sensitivity, and unspecified urinary tumors.
- New codes for diabetes in pregnancy, and long-term use of oral hypoglycemic medications.
- New instructions for “substance use disorder.”
- New and revised codes for hypertensive crisis, cerebral infarction, subarachnoid hemorrhage, and NIH Stroke Scale score.
- New and revised codes for GI disorders, including intestinal ischemia, pancreatitis, colitis, and megacolon.
- New codes for cervical disc disorders, atypical femoral fractures, and periprosthetic fractures.
- New codes for urinary symptoms and disorders, and abnormal imaging findings in the urinary system.
- New and revised codes for ectopic pregnancy, hypertension in pregnancy, placenta previa, and perinatal and congenital conditions.
- New and revised codes for concussion, coma scale, skull fractures, fractures of the sesamoid bones, and physeal fractures.
- New codes for postoperative complications including hemorrhage, hematoma, in-stent restenosis, and complications of urinary and nervous system devices.
- New and revised external cause codes.
The course contains explanations of ICD-10-CM codes and coding guidelines, exercises and examples, and a printable study guide that contains key learning points. At the completion of the course, a scored assessment consisting of 20 multiple-choice questions tests the learner’s comprehension of the material. This course will take most users about 3 hours to complete.
Approved for 3 RCCB CEU